Yield: 12 cupcakes // 263 calories, 3 net carbs
- 1/2 cup Kerrygold butter, melted
- 7 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon double-strength high-quality coffee or espresso
- 7 pasture-raised eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Nielson-Massey Madagascar Bourbon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup Swerve Sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened organic almond milk (more if your batter is too thick)
- 2 tablespoons double-strength high-quality coffee or espresso
- 1/2 cup pasture-raised whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons Kerrygold butter, softened
- 4 ounces pasture-raised cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered Swerve Sweetener
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tin with paper cupcake liners.
In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, cocoa powder, and coffee (or espresso).
Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until well combined. Then add the coconut flour, sweetener, baking powder, and salt. Beat until smooth.
Beat in the almond milk. If that batter is still very thick, beat in more almond milk one tablespoon at a time until it thins out a bit (batter will still be thick, but should be of scoopable consistency. It will not be pourable).
Divide batter among prepared muffin tins and bake in center of oven for 30—45 minutes, depending on your oven. Cupcakes are done when the top is set and a tester inserted into the middle comes out clean. Cool cupcakes in their pan on a wire rack until completely cool.
With an electric mixer, whip cream until it forms stiff peaks. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, beat butter, cream cheese, and sweetener together until creamy. Add coffee (or espresso) and beat until combined. With a rubber spatula, fold in whipped cream carefully until well combined.